[K12OSN] Digital camera on ltsp-terminals

Trond Mæhlum trond at maehlum.net
Thu Jan 12 21:35:15 UTC 2006

Has anyone got this going? I can get most cameras going by using the
smb approach from ltsp.org's wiki. This works for the cameras using
usb-storage to send its data. Then the camera shows up on the
terminal as an ordinary usb-drive/stick.

However, several of our schools have gone out and bought themselves
Canon Ixus cameras. These, off course, do not use the usb-storage
driver and thererfore they do not show up as a usb-drive. When I plug
this camera into my laptop, I have to use Digikam or gphoto/gtkcam to
access its content.

Is there a way to make an ltsp-terminal use this camera? Would a
memorycard reader do the trick? I have tried one, and it didn't work.
It showed up as a zero byte file. Even if I inserted the card into
the reader before plugging it in. Off course this could be my reader
being bad. Has anyone gotten this to work? I have a lot of students
and teacher waiting to use their cameras on the terminals...

Best Regards
Trond Maehlum