[K12OSN] I need some opinions about NELS scheduling (Linux conference)

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Fri Jan 27 15:57:51 UTC 2006

If you would...please reply offlist to Matt and I.   dtrask at vcsvikings.org
  and    moquist at majen.net

To those who have attended the Linux conference at Gould Academy (Maine,
USA) in the past....(NELS)....I need some help.  It looks like we may not
be able to get away from Sunday after all.  Gould has a group coming in
Wednesday and needs the transition time.  One suggestion last year was to
arrive the evening before to allow people to set up so we coulde hit the
ground running on the first day rather than spending the morning setting
things up.  I'm still try to work things out with Gould, but need some
alternatives....here are my ideas....I need some input or votes.

Scenario #1:

Keep it like last year.  Arrive Sunday a.m. June 18th and depart Tuesday
p.m. June 20th

Scenario #2:

Optional (but encouraged) arrival on Saturday evening June 17th....hit the
ground running on the next day and depart Tuesday p.m.

Scenario #3:

Optional (but encouraged) arrival on Saturday evening June 17th....offer
early bird sessions in the a.m. for Saturday arrivals....folks continue to
arrive during the a.m. on Sunday with official sessions beginning after
noontime and going later into the evening on Sunday and depart Tuesday p.m.

Also just a reminder that we'll have another NELS offering on July 16-19
at the Unuversity of New Hampshire.

(Yes we realize it's Father's Day again, but we cannot avoid it.  I too am
a father and what we did last year was simply celebrate Father's Day (for
me) the following weekend....it was pretty nice...I had a Fathers Day all
to myself! )  :-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School