[K12OSN] ltsp ldap client setup

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Jul 12 21:22:42 UTC 2006

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Wed Jul 12 2006 at 17:08 +0000 wrote:
>Something is seriously broken....in my experience if the net groupmap list
>doesn't work right then you might as well start over.  Did you do a clean
>install on this machine or is it something you upgraded?  Give me more
>history on the installation itself...also which version of
>smbldap-installer did you use?  Is it your machine that crapped out on the
>smbldap-populate?  (getting confused with the threads)

Go to my original how-to http://www.vcsvikings.org/linux/smbldap/  and
skip down to the section on "Let's test this puppy out" and run the
tests....it will give you a lot of insight as to what doesn't work.  Post
your results. (disregard the links on that page as they're old)  The
smbldap-installer wiki (latest docs) can be found here:
http://www.vcsvikings.org/docuwiki/

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School