[K12OSN] More detailed instructions & documentation needed for K12LTSP implementation

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Thu Jul 13 19:42:16 UTC 2006

Roj Jer wrote:

> My questions:

> 2) What are other schools using for URL filtering and Surf Control to
> keep students from "stumbling" across Porn Sites or any other topic
> deemed "inappropriate"?
>
> Thanks for your patience.
>
> RJ

Most of us use Dansguardian or Squidguard for the filtering I
believe...both are available from the K12LTSP install if I'm not mistaken.

As for your first question which I didn't quote..I have no idea, but
others have found a way, check last month's archives...it was either May
or June where the conversation of menu editing came up.

--Huck