[K12OSN] David Thornburg Live on the Web Thursday Evening

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 19:10:31 UTC 2006

This Thursday evening, July 27th, at 5:00pm PDT (8:00pm EDT), Miguel
Guhlin and I will be inaugurating our new series of webcasts on Open
Source Software in K-12 schools.  Our guest on our first show will be
David Thornburg, who has just published a new book entitled "When the
Best Is Free: an educator's perspective on open source software."  Dr.
Thornburg is an extremely popular speaker, and drew a
standing-room-only crowd at our NECC Open Source Pavilion when he
spoke.

Information on this webcast, and future ones, is available on the
www.K12OpenSource.com wiki in the "Interviews" section.  Our goal is
to collect a series of recorded audio interviews that will give new
users of Open Source software a quick introduction to the technologies
that interest them.  Please request or recommend future speakers or
topics in the "suggestions" part of that section, which can also be
located by clicking here:

http://k12opensource.wikispaces.com/Interviews

The webcast intervew with Dr. Thornburg will be 55 minutes long, of
which the last 15 minutes will be open for question and answer.  To
listen to the webcast real-time, or to participate in the Q & A
portion, you will need to download and configure Skype
(www.skype.com), and then click on the Skypecast link when you are
ready to join in:

https://skypecasts.skype.com/skypecasts/skypecast/detailed.html?id_talk=19813

To leave Dr. Thornburg a question before the interview, go to the
www.K12OpenSource.com wiki, click on "Interviews" from the menu to the
left, and then click on Dr. Thornburg's name under July 27th; or click
here:

http://k12opensource.wikispaces.com/Thornburg+Podcast

Here's hoping this series will be helpful!

Steve

--
Steve Hargadon
steve at hargadon.com