[K12OSN] Yum config: k12ltsp vs fedorafaq

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Jul 25 17:59:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 10:05 -0400, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> Hi Henry,
>
> I have found the livna repo to be an issue (mainly conflicts with other,
> larger repos). The freshrpms repo has the tools needed to play DVDs. You
> can use a text editor to set "enable=no" in the livna.repo file or use
> yumex and turn it off from there.

I think I'd say that the other way around: that is that the third
party repositories other than livna are likely to conflict with each
other as well as core/extras/livna.  The latter 3 should never conflict
with with each other.

> I have had very good success using ogle to play DVDs. By installing the
> libdvdcss, it can also play the encrypted ones. Or at least I have never
> had a problem with any DVD that was physically playable.

Videolan Client  (vlc) should play about anything you throw at it.

---
  Les Miksell
   les at futuresource.com