[K12OSN] clients not getting TFTP

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Thu Jun 1 06:16:10 UTC 2006

Setup:
New install of 4.4.1 with Compaq Deskpro PII clients with PXE 2.0 (BIOS
updated)

I had one of these clients booting before after it had BIOS update.  Not
sure what has happened to change that but now that client and others
won't start, they report TFTP open timeout.

Each client gets:
	- DHCP MAC address
	- Client ID: 192.168.0.x  Mask: x.x.x.x  DHCP IP: 192.168.0.x
	- Gateway IP: 192.168.0.x

PXE-E32: TFTP open timeout

I have looked at web pages describing the same problem and one that
seemed relevant talked about TFTP server not running or being found.  I
checked my services status and it IS running on my server.  Another
pointer talked about kernel images not being in the right place.  I
don't know if it's relevant but I just installed the nvidia kernel
module via yum and rebooted.  However, the boot messages reported that
the module was not found and it failed ... but that may be the subject
of another post ;-)

Any pointers as to where to look for this TFTP problem?  Thanks.

Gavin