[K12OSN] VNC and LTSP terminal client problem

David Whitmer dwblue02 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 11:48:22 UTC 2006

Casey,

Do you mean that you installed RealVNC onto the server?  I think K12LTSP already includes VNC (TightVNC, I think, but I'm not sure).  If you installed RealVNC, perhaps that messed something up.

Regarding remote administration... I used to use VNC from home to administer our school's servers until I installed FreeNX.  Wow.  VNC was useable, if you're really patient.  NX though just blows it away for remote connections.

David Whitmer
Media & Technology Director
Calvary Schools of Holland (Michigan)