[K12OSN] new K12LTSP 5.0 beta (#8)

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Jun 13 05:05:11 UTC 2006

I tossed a new beta build over the fence. I really wanted to include the
hopefully-soon-to-be-released firefox update, but I figured the best way
to make that appear is to put out a new build ;-)

This build fixes a number of small details, but does not fix the big
"keyboard layout changes crash terminals" bug.

Mac terminals will now boot out-of-the-box if you change the IP address
range to something other than the default 192.168.0.254/24.

A new service was added to prevent firewall changes from preventing
terminals from booting. This works by adding a firewall rule that
skips all firewalling on eth0 (this the default K12LTSP configuration).
You change change the device by editing /etc/sysconfig/iptables-k12ltsp
or disable this completely by running "/sbin/chkconfig iptables-k12ltsp off"

-Eric