[K12OSN] How stable is version 5? How are folks doing with it?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Jun 13 13:27:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:16:51 -0500, Jim Kronebusch wrote
> > > Subject: Re: [K12OSN] How stable is version 5? How are folks doing with it?
>
> I just found out this afternoon that there is also a bug with a
> couple different NVIDIA chipsets that make the mouse pointer
> invisible.  The workaround is to disable HWCursor in xorg.conf at
> this point.  Something about how the RHGB loads is the problem.

Just to clarify, this isn't a bug with LTSP.  It is a bug in FC5 from what I
read.  So I assume that is out of Jim and Eric's control.  Anyhow if anyone
has the misfortune of loading FC5 on one of these machines, the following fix
works really well.

vi /etc/xorg.conf

scroll to Section "Device"

add the following line: