[K12OSN] advice needed: Moving to Open Office

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 22:51:46 UTC 2006

One thing that grieves me is that the default font for
OpenOffice in Windows seems to be different than the
default font for OpenOffice in Linux.  This means that
if you switch back and forth between those two
platforms when editing a document, the layout isn't
always the same.  (This is due to the fact that some
fonts fit more letters on a line than others).  I
noticed this when doing resumes and other documents
where I was trying to get the text to fit "just right"
on the page.

I'm sure there are ways around this issue, I just
don't know what they are...