[K12OSN] ot: help with hosed /boot!!!

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 15:39:05 UTC 2006

Hey Folks,
Ironically I ran into trouble after an image backup with dd.  No thank
god I didn't image the wrong drive!  When i went to test the back up
it wouldn't boot - same with the original. /boot seems to be all there
it's just not bootable anymore.  I'm trying to restore grub with linux
rescue (centos install ). I do grub-install /dev/fd0 I get :

Could not find device for /boot/boot: not found or not a block device