[K12OSN] classroom teachers

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Wed Jun 28 17:46:14 UTC 2006

Rob Owens wrote:

> --- Martin Woolley <sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk>
> wrote:
>> I'm pleased that this IS a listserv rather than a
>> web forum.  The big
>> advantage of a mailing list is that discussions
>> automagically arrive on my
>> PC, to read or ignore as I like.  With a web
>> interface, I have to make the
>> effort to go and read the stuff, and me being lazy,
>> I don't.  It is also much
>> easier to post to a listserv.
>>

> I agree with Martin. The only reason I make an effort
> to check this list every day is because I'm afraid of
> how many messages there will be in my inbox if I let
> it go 2 or 3 days...
>
> -Rob

I find it interesting that this discussion took place about 1.5 years ago.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2004-December/msg00208.html

At that point there was some hesitation for splitting the lists, but
there was some agreement that a Mailman list would be best.  Also,
RedHat had agreed to host this.

Four years into setting up and supporting thin-client labs, HOSEF came
to the conclusion that it would help to create a second mailing list for
teachers.  There is, however, such hesitation to admit what you don't
know that the list hasn't been used much.

--scott

--
R. Scott Belford
Founder/Executive Director