[K12OSN] oldest feasible client pc? p166 reasonable?

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Tue Mar 7 13:36:46 UTC 2006

light being wrote:
> I installed a P166 as a client that for some reason seems ridiculously
> slow, even doing odd things.

Every teacher in my district uses a P133 with 32MB of RAM.  I have NFS
swap turned on, and they have 100mbit cards (and 2MB video cards, 1MB
just doesn't work well).

They work very well.  If you have to use the old XF86_SVGA video driver,
then OpenOffice menus are unbearably slow (at least in K12LTSP 4.0.1),
but other than that they are very usable.  I haven't noticed any speed
problems at all...

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers