[K12OSN] Starting with NO Thin Clients to PC or to Thin

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Mar 9 15:14:16 UTC 2006

Not too mention the fact that managing 50 Windows machines (fat clients) is A LOT more
work than managing 50 thin clients.  With thin clients, you manage one box, the server.
  With 50 Windows boxes, you'll have *50 times* the workload.  That's not an
exaggeration.  So, the Windows boxes will cost you a lot more than just the initial
purchase.

Or did you mean that you'd use the IBM's as thin clients?