[K12OSN] need bootrom/etherboot for Compaq net1/33s

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Mar 16 19:31:11 UTC 2006

Are the IRQ (interrupt) and IO settings on the card set the same as what the boot floppy
expects?  I recall having to dink around with the interrupt settings on the card I have
to get it to work.  And I think the 3c509 used a software configuration tool to set
those (instead of jumpers).  If you need the software utility, I think I might still
have a copy at home.  Or if you're impatient, you can go to
http://pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/ (which is a how-to on using old PCs and ISA NICs to
build a print server) and follow the link for the 'detective disk' for the 3c509, where
you'll find a file that you can dd to a floppy and then boot from that floppy into the
config utility for the card.

Petre