[K12OSN] need bootrom/etherboot for Compaq net1/33s

John G. Ruff JRuff at Sihope.com
Thu Mar 16 19:44:42 UTC 2006

Most ISA cards need to be manually configured. Early ones with jumpers,
later ones with DOS software. The program name is 3C5X9CFG.EXE and
should be on the diskette that came with the card. It can be downloaded
from the 3Com website, probably here:

http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/3c509.htm

Normal setting are:

   I/O Base:     0300x
   IRQ:          10
   Cable Type:   Auto

Which may or not be appropriate in any particular situation.

jr