[K12OSN] anonymous surfing/IM

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Mon Mar 20 15:18:15 UTC 2006

Assuming you are talking about hiding the public address that all your computers use via
NAT, you can't--how would webservers know where to send the files you request if your
public address isn't contained in the request?

Now you could setup a VPN tunnel from your site to another address which then acts as a
proxy and sends your requests out to the requested sites.  If you google for
'anonymizer' you'll find some services that provide similar proxying.  But I'm not sure
how you'd set that up system-wide.  It that seems like a lot of fussing for not much gain.

What is it you're really trying to accomplish?