[K12OSN] silly ldap questions

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Tue Mar 28 16:22:40 UTC 2006

First...go here and download   smbldap-installer   (makes the whole
process very easy).

http://www.vcsvikings.org/docuwiki/

In the "getting started" section be sure to download the latest version
from the original server  (majen.net/smbldap).

What I do.  I have multiple K12LTSP servers.  These servers have no /home
and no users.  All my users and /home live on the Samba/LDAP server.  The
Samba/LDAP server is also the PDC serving roaming profiles for the Windows
side of things.  Very efficient...easy to backup and works great.  Make
sure you have gigabit all around between the servers.