[K12OSN] OT: XDMCP and DHCP

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 00:48:16 UTC 2006

On 31/03/06, Paul VanGundy <vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us> wrote:
> Ok, I am getting pretty frustrated with a current issue I am facing. I
> am currently working on an Ubuntu LTSP installation and have everything
> installed and configured except for XDMCP. When I use ltspcfg it says
> XDMCP isn't installed. I have xdm and all the libs installed which is
> what I read to do. I go back into ltspcfg and it still says it isn't
> installed. What am I missing to get XDMCP installed? Does *anyone* have
> any idea what I am missing or where I can go?

ltspcfg has bug and reports xdmcp service wrongly. Goto ltsp how to
and do command line checks as listed.

> Also, it appears as though my DHCP server isn't picking up terminal dhcp
> requests. I have it configured properly (what I've read from the LTSP
> tutorial off of LTSP.org) and allow booting and bootp. I have checked
> and double checked but it isn't picking up.

Is the service dhcpd started? Which file contains dhcpd configuration?
Was this ltsp install on top of Ubuntu or Synaptic install from Ubuntu
site? The latter is broken. And also which tftpd you have installed?

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux