[K12OSN] FC5 DHCP problem, was: FC5 64bit & TFTP

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Mar 31 02:10:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Eric Harrison wrote:

> Eric Harrison wrote:
>> I just finished an install of FC5 64 bit and can confirm that something
>> is broken with TFTP. Now to go figure out how to fix it ;-)
>>
>> -Eric

I tried the broken terminal on a fresh install of FC5 32bit and I
saw the same problem, so it is not a 64bit-specific issue.

The FC5 32bit server at work does not do DHCP, that is done on a
different server.

I downgraded my test server from DHCP 3.0.3 (FC5) to 3.0.2 (FC4) and
sure enough the broken terminal will boot. Looks like a bug in DHCP 3.0.3.

Now I just need to figure out a way to file a useful bug report ;-)

-Eric