[K12OSN] OT: Damn Small Linux (DSL) Question

Doug Simpson veewee77 at alltel.net
Thu May 4 01:38:31 UTC 2006

Here is how to fix that. . .

First off, you must run commands as root, which isnte really available
on DSL, so put sudo in front of every commend you run.

Examle:

sudo mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1

will mount the first IDE hard drive and shoud give you access to it.
Just remember to issue sudo before every command.

Works for me.

Exception: NTFS filesystems.  DSL doesn't have support to write to NTFS
filesystems yet. (I have never needed to write there, just usually
recover data from crashed drives.)

Doug