[K12OSN] Re: Fl_TeacherTool 0.31 released

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Tue May 9 16:57:31 UTC 2006

On 5/8/06, Robert Arkiletian <robark at gmail.com> wrote:
> No new features. But significant speed increase in collecting user data.
>
> http://www3.telus.net/public/robark/Fl_TeacherTool/
>
> Note: Monitor and Control feature does not work with k12ltsp 5.0
> Fl_TeacherTool needs the vnc X extension module built inside the LBE.

Ahhh!! I just found a gremlin bug that only sometimes rears it's ugly
head. Killed it. But now I have to release 0.32. To be released later
today. Please hold off on 0.31.

The bug had to do with not checking for an established connection with
netstat. So I was sometimes getting a duplicate entry when the state
of the socket was something other than established. Fixed by modifying
this line

netstat -t -e -n | grep :6000 | sed -e 's/:/ /g' | awk '{print $9,$6}'
| sort | uniq

netstat -t -e -n | grep :6000 | grep -w ESTABLISHED | sed -e 's/:/ /g'

--
Robert Arkiletian
Fl_TeacherTool http://fltk.org/links.php?V269