[K12OSN] OT: Squid/Dansguardian but who did it?

David Whitmer dwblue02 at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 13:55:59 UTC 2006

Paul,

We use CensorNet to provide our web filtering.  It runs an authenticating proxy forcing students to enter their personal username & password before letting them onto the Internet.  CensorNet has a nice web-based front-end letting you generate web activity reports by username (among other parameters).  It also runs its own firewall (iptables) to prevent students from doing the old change-the-browser's-proxy-port-to-bypass-the-filter trick.

David Whitmer
Media and Technology Director
Calvary Schools of Holland (Michigan)