[K12OSN] What programming languages are people teaching in K12LTSP environment

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Thu May 11 18:09:56 UTC 2006

On 5/11/06, Petre Scheie <petre at maltzen.net> wrote:

> I suggested that they look at buying/building a beefy LTSP server and use the existing
> machines as clients.  One of their hesitations has to do with programming: they teach a
> class on Flash, which I expect would be impossible to do on Linux.  They also teach Java
> which would not be a problem on Linux.  My question is what programming classes are
> people giving using their LTSP environments?  While I question the value of teaching
> Flash programming at the high school level, I think an argument can be made for it in

I teach C++ with Anjuta IDE and do FLTK ( Fl_TeacherTool is coded with
FLTK)  with my seniors . FLTK is pretty easy to learn if you know C++.
 Next year I may try to get them to stick with vim. If you go Java and
want to use a popular Java IDE's make sure you have a strong server as
some Java IDE's are slow and bloated.

--
Robert Arkiletian
Fl_TeacherTool http://fltk.org/links.php?V269