[K12OSN] mounting a windows share during login through samba

Dan Visentin visentind at hdsb.ca
Thu May 18 01:43:14 UTC 2006

In our school we have a few windows labs (with one windows server) and two K12LTSP labs (a total of 56 machines running from one dual opteron server).  I would like the students to access their windows personal drive space on the windows server in a
seemless manner during the login process on the LTSP client.  Each student has a shared mapped resource on the windows domain with the share name based on their username (ie 1smithbri$).  I'm a newbie in terms of Linux login scripts so I think I need to
do an smbmount but would like the script to use the client's username and password from the login process.  Could someone point me in the right direction...

Dan Visentin
Head of Business/Computers/IT contact
M. M. Robinson H.S.
"As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing."