[K12OSN] new LTSP 4.2 test packages with the VNC module built in

Jesse McDonnell jessemcdonnell at comcast.net
Wed May 24 21:18:36 UTC 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006 22:09:29 -0700 (PDT)
Eric Harrison <eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:

> The good news:
>
> I finally figured out a way to get the vnc X11 extension module to build
> consistently inside the LTSP build environment. I sent Jim the patch,
> hopefully the LTSP guys will find it useful as well.
>

> I added the patched ltsp_i386 packages to the 5.0 beta repositories,
> you should be able to run "yum update" in about 20 minutes or so to
> install the new package.

Saw this while drinking my first cup of coffee this morning and thought, let me try it. Did a yum *upgrade* instead of update and now my clients won't boot. Shouldn't be so eager before I wake up properly.

The client fails at line 74 of /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.sysinit with "modprobe - command not found" then fails to connect to the swap server, and finally with the message "stat of /dev/tty1 failed: no such file or directory" and "stat of /dev/tty2 failed: no such etc"

If I turn off NBD swap it still fails with the "stat of /dev/tty1 failed" message.

Any pointers on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Jesse