[K12OSN] How to block myspace.com

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Thu May 25 17:26:03 UTC 2006

Nice idea, set the host file to 192.168.xx.xx (or what ever internal
network IP) and set up an old P1 as the webserver there.  The have the
index.html page explain what is going on and why.  A lot nicer then the
"localhost" IP.

Question though -- if the kid actually know that
myspace.com=63.208.226.43  wouldn't he/she be able to bypass the host
file/DNS entry?

Gentgeen

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org