[K12OSN] X starts, but turns off before GDM

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 02:36:31 UTC 2006

I'm having a problem with one thin client.  It is
*not* the gray screen issue.  What I'm getting is X
looks like it's starting up, complete with the mouse
"icon" that indicates working, then the thin client
beeps and the screen goes black.  Then automatically X
attempts to start again, and the same thing happens
over and over.

I have a RIVA 128 video card, and I had to manually
set the XSERVER = XF86_SVGA to get as far as I am.
Perhaps that's not correct?

Any ideas of what my problem could be?  Lots of other
clients boot fine off of this same server.

Thanks.

-Rob