[K12OSN] OT: /etc/hosts autoupdate

Paul VanGundy vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us
Wed May 31 11:26:46 UTC 2006

All,

Thanks for the advice. We currently have an Active Directory infrastructure
in our district. Those that have an AD infrastructure know that the ADS
needs DNS. So we have DNS running on the server that has Active Directory
installed and a backup DNS it replicates with on a Windows 2000 Advanced
Server. Here are my next questions:

1. Can I have Bind be a secondary DNS and replicate from the primary DNS
that is installed on the Active Directory server?

2. How will this effect my thin clients?

3. What's the difference between BIND and BIND-CHROOT?

Thanks again.

-Paul

--
Paul VanGundy