[K12OSN] Opinions on a Forum

Shane Sammons shane.sammons at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 19:09:31 UTC 2006

Ok, so hearing all the opinions, I tried using the K12LTSP wiki (powered by
phpwiki). I do not know if it is phpWiki or what, but I created my username
(that took awhile as it doesn't have good instructions). Then I wanted to
create a nice page on the Dell GX1's so I could start a nice Wiki page on
that...

Well lets just say I will be starting a new topic soon if I get the
mediaWiki (the thing that powers Wikipedia) working on a test server. I
absolutely think the phpwiki is horrible, and think things could be better
somewhere. Since everyone seems used to mailing lists (which I
hate...because I hate email and all the work involved in
cleaning/organizing..gmail helps...still 20-30 emails a day ICK!) I would
like to persue the Wiki side if possible.

So, I guess I will see how branched out this community/mail list is. I found
it via K12LTSP, so I am not sure if I should try and get a better wiki going
for that or what. I will see once I am sure I can get a "better" wiki
running.

Thanks again for you inputs.