[K12OSN] K12LTSP FC5 server + Edubuntu 6.06.1 LTS server = No boot

Mella mellax at pm.ee
Tue Nov 21 15:13:08 UTC 2006

Hello!

I'm trying put together FC5 and Edubuntu but no success.
Separately, if server is only DHCP server in network, all seems OK. IBM
T21 client boot to Edubuntu perfectly.
If I shut down this dhcp service and add specific workstation section to
FC5 server's dhcp conf, client stops in the mid of boot.

I see graphical Edubuntu bootup, then "configuring LTSP", then come
messages (see below) an after that i see blank screen with cursor in
upper left corner. And that's it.

If I try put together 2xFC5 servers with one DHCP server, all working OK.

I don't have ideas how continue.

dhcp ws section in FC server:

    host ws192 {
        next-server      192.168.1.13; # Edubuntu server ip
        hardware ethernet     00:03:47:0f:cc:9f;
        fixed-address         192.168.1.192;
  filename "/ltsp/pxelinux.0";
  option root-path "/opt/ltsp/i386";

    }

Message before blank screen:

Setting up LTSP client
WARNING: /var/cache/man does not exist
WARNING: /etc/hotplug/.run does not exist
WARNING: /var/lib/xfree86 does not exist
xserver-xorg postinst warning: overwriting possibly-customised
configuration file;
    backup in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.xxxxxxxx
um: Read-only file system
* INIT: Entering runlevel: 2 [OK]