[K12OSN] Using a remote mail server and letting apache have access to it

jones yeates jones.yeates at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 17:34:39 UTC 2006

I've tried the MASQUERADE_AS(`host.domain') before and I tried again and it
still comes up with the server domain name in the from section.  I also
tried making the following changes in sendmail.mc:

- changed:  dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomainalias.com)dnl
  to:         MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(host.domain)dnl
- changed:  dnl FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
  to:        FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl

The result is still the same.  I can see the server name in the from
address.

I don't know if it matters, but I have the /etc/hosts file where I put the
ip address of the server and the name of the server.  Should that be changed
or removed from that file?

I also tried the mail -s subject -v dest_email at address and the masquerade
name does not show up at all.

I have been doing the make -C /etc/mail every time I make a change.  (Just
in case you thought I forgot to do that.)

Also, I don't know how to get it to trust apache.  I've been doing all of my
tests at the command line.  I still can't mail through apache.