[K12OSN] Installation issues

Shawn Maggard maggardcomputing at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 22:54:35 UTC 2006

Ok, I have downloaded all 6 iso files and burned them off. I started the
installer and it said something about a missing file and rebooted, then I
got to the GUI and thought it was just a glitch.  But, it would hang on
certain things along the install screens (needing a restart) and the
farthest I have got is where it says "checking dependencies on selected
packages." I have re-burned the 1st iso to make sure it wasn't a bad cd or
burn, but I keep getting stuck at 72% of the dependencies thing, even in the
text-based install.

Mobo is a Soyo Dragon and video is FX5200 I believe.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.. am I right in thinking maybe
I should re-download the 1st iso?

Thanks,
Shawn

BTW when it first comes up saying checking dependencies, it stays at 2% for
about 20 minutes, then continues again and stops at 72%, and after about 25
minutes the cd-rom spins up again and reads, but it stops again and stays at
72%...