[K12OSN] Using a remote mail server and letting apache have access to it

jones yeates jones.yeates at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 02:14:35 UTC 2006

I finally got the confTRUSTED_USER thing to work (well it never crashed when
I tried to restart it).

I added:
define(`confDOMAIN_NAME',`SERVER_SHORT_NAME.DOMAIN_NAME')dnl

I also changed /etc/hosts and added SERVER_SHORT_NAME.DOMAIN_NAME to it,
along with the ip address and the SERVER_SHORT_NAME.  The IP address that
I'm using is the one I see on ifconfig, not the one that is seen on a
website that shows your computer's ip address.

I get this error:
Nov  6 18:07:46 [SERVER_SHORT_NAME] sendmail[3774]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(apache):
can not chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): Permission denied

I can access the DNS server.  I am basing that on the fact that I can access
websites on the Linux server.

Is there a command that I can use to determine the hostname of my server and
if it is setup in the DNS properly?