[K12OSN] So close....

Jim Hays haysja at sages.us
Wed Nov 8 14:33:35 UTC 2006

I deal with GlobalGoved, they are part of Tiger Direct.  We have a
salesperson assigned to us and I can't be any happier with the service
we get from them.  They are reasonably priced.  We have several of their
servers - Systemax - here and we like them.  I have a couple rackmounts
from them that I would recommend for K12LTSP.

Don't build your own.  By the time you get all the parts, you may have
saved $100 but then have all that time and effort to get it fixed.
Contact GlobalGovEd and set up an account.  You won't be sorry.

Rob Owens wrote:
> I've dealt with Tigerdirect twice and had terrible
> service both times.  In addition to that, of the 4
> rebates I submitted for products I ordered from them
> (rebates which were included in Tiger's advertised
> price for the components) I received zero.
>
> -Rob
>
> --- Calvin Dodge <caldodge at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd buy relatively simple components from
>> Tigerdirect (RAM or hard
>> drives), but I'd shy away from items like
>> motherboards or complete
>> systems. Why? Because if such items are DOA, my
>> experience is that
>> you'll get no satisfaction from Tigerdirect.
>>
>> In my case, they referred me to the manufacturer
>> (that's why "direct"
>> is in the name), and the manufacturer did not
>> respond to emails OR
>> voicemails.
>>
>> So I ended up salvaging the CPUs and RAM from the 2
>> computers, and
>> tossing out the rest of the components.
>>
>> YMMV, of course.
>>
>> Calvin Dodge