[K12OSN] mondoarchive in K12LTSP 4.4.1

Tim Born k12osn at deltacfax.com
Fri Nov 10 20:33:53 UTC 2006

K12LTSP 4.4.1
A new installation, w/ 'yum update' to collect all the recent updates.

I don't know who to thank, but I'm really, really pleased to see Mondo
available and installed on K12LTSP.
This has been one of my favorite backup tools for several years.

We are running mondo-2.10-1.k12ltsp.0.4.1.
I've tried four times to make a backup set, and each time it fails when
I boot off the first CD to verify (compare).
I get complaints scrolling by that it can't find various commands (grep:
not found, portmap: not found, loadkeys: not found, mount: not found, etc.)
It leaves me in single user with a BusyBox prompt.
I've used CDs and CD-RWs.  I've tried different combination of answers
on the gui screens (yes/no my CD uses burn-proof, yes/no my kernel is sane
- I would sure hope FC4 would have a sane kernel, but I even tried
lying).  I tried it from the command line as well.   No joy in Mudville.

Has anyone gotten Mondo to work on K12LTSP 4.4.1?

When running from the command line I saw an interesting message go by.
Something to the effect that "Linux says 2.6 has a broken ide-scsi
module.  Proceed at your own risk ..."

Basically the CDs are getting written, but when I boot to verify they
bomb out.

thanks,
-tim