[K12OSN] mondoarchive in K12LTSP 4.4.1

Tim Born k12osn at deltacfax.com
Tue Nov 14 22:16:33 UTC 2006

Tim Born wrote:

> Eric Harrison wrote:
>
>> Tim Born wrote:

>>> Has anyone gotten Mondo to work on K12LTSP 4.4.1?
>>>

>> This may be the same issue that can cause install disk verifies to fail
>> (falsely).
>>
>> Try appending "ide=nodma" to the boot options when booting the
>> restore cd.
>>
>> -Eric
>>
> Tried that option last night with no success.  Didn't seem to make any
> difference.
>
> Found an error /var/log/mindi.log that must have been created during
> the backup:
>
>> Warning - /lib/liblvm does not exist; cannot be LDD'd.
>> This warning only affects you if you are using LVM.
>

> That concerns me since we ARE using LVM.
>
> Installed latest FC4 RPMs for mondo & mindi to see if they work any
> better.
> Backing up still in progress.  I will let you know. At this point
> mondo I see that mondo-2.2.0-2 seems to know about IDE CDROMs, which
> is new.
>
> -tim

Updated mondo on my server to see if the newer version would make a backup:

wget ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/4/mindi-1.2.0-2.fc4.i386.rpm
wget ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/4/mindi-busybox-1.2.1-2.fc4.i386.rpm
wget ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/4/mondo-2.2.0-2.fc4.i386.rpm

rpm -Uhv --force *.rpm

Needed to force it since these RPMs are tied to k12ltsp-utils and I
didn't want to uninstall it.
Also, the version number used in K12LTSP doesn't appear to be the same
versioning scheme used by the developers,
so RPM thought that mindi-1.10-1.k12ltsp.0.4.1 was newer than
mindi-1.2.0-2.fc4.
As far as I can tell there was no mindi-1.10.*

Backup worked perfectly and verified just fine.
Can't prove it, but I believe the version of mondo that is in k12ltsp
4.4.1 does not handle LVM properly, although this new version does.

Mystery solved.

-tim