[K12OSN] ltsp/OO: how to have users save .doc .xls .ppt by default ??

Nadav Kavalerchik nadavkav at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 16:28:52 UTC 2006

here is what i do...
i have user sandbox, in which i configure open office, kde, gnome, firefox,
opera...
and then i drag the /home/sandbox/.openoffice2 folder (for example) with all
the configurations onto the icon which copies the content of this folder to
all users (one of the script icons on the desktop, that comes with the
default install) . and that's it. all the users get what ever i set for user
sandbox.

i also lock down the desktop with kde's kiosktool. so none of the students
can change anything.

works great :-) and very easy too.