[K12OSN] Thin Clients Not booting

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 22:38:37 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 16:50, Derek Jaques wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>     Just wondering if anyone has any ideas.  I purchased (30) 6030p thin
> clients from DevonIT.  I am currently working with DevonIT to attempt to
> fix the problem, but we seem to be a little stumped.  They had me flash
> the bios to an older version, but that has not seemed to do anything.  I
> get a TFTP time out error.  Here is the message the client gives me:
>

> Client MAC ADDR: 00 14 85 DE B3 9F   GUID:FFFFFFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF
> Client IP: 10.37.5.157   MASK: 255.255.0.0 DHCP IP: 198.236.71.35
>  Gateway IP: 10.37.1.1
>  PXE-E32: TFTP open time out
>  TFTP...
>

> Any ideas?

Your clients are on net 10.37 but your server is on 198.236.71. This means
there is a router in between. How many hops in between (what kind of latency
is involved)? Are there any other clients that are working with the same
information (routes etc.)? I assume that the tftp server is the same as the
dhcp server or that the "next server" value is set.
                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                          MrJohnLucas at gmail.com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802                http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W                        AST (UTC-4)                         |