[K12OSN] Session Options

Peter Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Nov 28 00:55:09 UTC 2006

There's a page on the wiki that covers this:
http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/How%20to%20edit%20the%20Session%20menu%20that%20appears%20on%20the%20client%20login%20screen

And I don't think you want to run 'rpm -e gdm' as that would remove the
Gnome Display Manager, not the 'Gnome desktop manager'.  GDM is what
gives you the login screen.  Now, you could switch from GDM to using
KDM, the KDE Display Manager, in which case GDM isn't really necessary.
  But since none of this has anything to do with the different types of
desktop environments that are made available to the user at login via
the Session menu, my guess is that fooling around with the Display
Manager, whether GDM, KDM, or XDM, isn't going to give you what you want.

Petre