[K12OSN] Is it possible to mount user shares with pam_mount?

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Wed Oct 25 18:16:14 UTC 2006

It is not possible.  That is a limitation of SMB.  You can mount shares,
but not subfolders of shares.

I usually work around this by mounting the entire share with the user's
credentials, in a hidden subfolder of his/her homedir (like ~/.Windows),
and then symlink ~/Windows -> ~/.Windows/$USER

Ugly, but functional, when you don't have admin rights to the ADS
server.

-Gadi