Re: [K12OSN] Video i810

Not sure if this is of any use to you or not, but I've got a Compaq iPaq with 32MB RAM and i810 video, and I have to specify these settings for it to work:

	XSERVER = vesa
        X_VIDEORAM = 4096
        USE_NBD_SWAP       = Y
        SWAPFILE_SIZE      = 48m

HTH

Petre

Hanne Verheyen wrote:
Hello,

I"m having a huge problem with the videoram settings for my i810 clients using LTSP 4.2

I allready tried specifying the X_VIDEORAM option with different setups (2048, 3072, 4096 ....)
but i cannot get the right one, my x server fails with this message;

ring buffer allocation failed

Anyonen an idea?

it is very urgent....

Hanne