RE: [K12OSN] Catch 22: Server Video Card gone bad... what now?

From: ahodson elp rr com
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: [K12OSN] Catch 22: Server Video Card gone bad... what now?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:44:06 -0600

Seems like this week is the bad-news week for my systems...

Not one, but two K12LTSP V5 servers (same site!) have no video signal
(black screen, amber monitor light). One of them is not providing dhcp,
the second one is ok (client wise)

My question to the gurus here is, what "su" command or configuration
change can I use to allow ROOT to login from a client? I am not too
pleased with the latest distro "forcing" you to be on the server for
root access... This can be the perfect Catch 22 - need monitor to change
monitor but I have no monitor...

BTW - Thanks Petre for the earlier help.

cheers
A. Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX
-=o=-

if you are unable to use gdmsetup

edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf and add the following under security

[security]
AllowRemoteRoot=true