Re: [K12OSN] Alps touch pad on a laptop

tpconfig may provide better control. http://www.compass.com/synaptics/

It should allow the taps and scrolling to be turned off. I've seen some
users with rather shaky hands (Parkinsons tremors) work ok  with a mouse
with very low resolution or a very large trackball (Kensington make a
nice one the size of a que ball. Because of it's inertia, it sits still
when they lift their hand during a bad tremor.)