Re: [K12OSN] yum problem

Pat wrote:

The commands I was trying to execute was:
yum install -y mplayer
yum update
yum --enablerepo -y mplayer-skins

I tried some others but don't remember them.

At least that last command is not a valid command. You specify which repository to enable when using the --enablerepo switch. Something like: --enablerepo=atrpms-stable

macromedia [ 1/6] core [ 2/6] k12ltsp [ 3/6] updates [ 4/6] webmin [ 5/6] extras [ 6/6]

I have created the ATrpms.d file so it should work.

You seem to have mixed up some thing. The file should have a .repo extension (not .d) and it should be located in the directory /etc/ yum.repos.d/. You can tell the repository wasn't properly added, because it's not in the list above (macromedia, core, k12ltsp, updates, webmin, extras).

Nils Breunese.