[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [K12OSN] yum problem



----- Original Message -----
From: Nils Breunese <nils breun nl>
Date: Tuesday, October 3, 2006 7:48 am
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] yum problem
To: "Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>

> Pat wrote:
> 
> > The commands I was trying to execute was:
> > yum install -y mplayer
> > yum update
> > yum --enablerepo -y mplayer-skins
> >
> > I tried some others but don't remember them.
> 
> At least that last command is not a valid command. You specify 
> which  
> repository to enable when using the --enablerepo switch. Something  
> like: --enablerepo=atrpms-stable

I tried the command modification and this is what happened.
[root localhost ~]# yum --enablerepo=atrpms -y install mplayer
Loading "installonlyn" plugin


Error getting repository data for atrpms, repository not found
[root localhost ~]# yum --enablerepo=atrpms-stable -y install mplayer
Loading "installonlyn" plugin


Error getting repository data for atrpms-stable, repository not found

 
> > macromedia                                                        
>   [ 
> > 1/6]
> > core                                                              
>   [ 
> > 2/6]
> > k12ltsp                                                           
>   [ 
> > 3/6]
> > updates                                                           
>   [ 
> > 4/6]
> > webmin                                                            
>   [ 
> > 5/6]
> > extras                                                            
>   [ 
> > 6/6]
> >
> > I have created the ATrpms.d file so it should work.
> 
> You seem to have mixed up some thing. The file should have a .repo  
> extension (not .d) and it should be located in the directory /etc/ 
> yum.repos.d/. You can tell the repository wasn't properly added,  
> because it's not in the list above (macromedia, core, k12ltsp,  
> updates, webmin, extras).
 
I actually have the repo file named correctly but didn't check it when I
wrote the last entry.

Here is a copy of the file:
[at-stable]
name=ATrpms for Fedora Core $releasever stable
baseurl=http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.atrpms.net/fc$releasever$basearch/atrpms/stable
enabled=0
gpgkey=http://www.atrpms.net/RPM-GPG-KEY.atrpms
gpgcheck=1


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]