Re: [K12OSN] Alps touch pad on a laptop

I have a track ball the size of a tennis ball and even with the sensitivity and acceleration turned as slow as possible the student still has trouble.  With the pad the student can get the pointer positioned provided the tap doesn't happen or the scroll area gets entered.  I'll look at the web page and see what I can do.
Thanks
Pat

James P. Kinney III wrote:
tpconfig may provide better control. http://www.compass.com/synaptics/

It should allow the taps and scrolling to be turned off. I've seen some
users with rather shaky hands (Parkinsons tremors) work ok  with a mouse
with very low resolution or a very large trackball (Kensington make a
nice one the size of a que ball. Because of it's inertia, it sits still
when they lift their hand during a bad tremor.)