[K12OSN] Printing to spesfic printers only

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Oct 6 00:33:23 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 21:30 -0400, Steven Santos wrote:
> Ok, so what options exist for automatically adding and removing group
> membership based on IP address?

What it would take is a script that gets run (as root) for each login
that finds the user name in the /etc/cups/cups.conf file, removes it and
puts it in the correct group and then sends a SIGHUP to cups. However, a
SIGHUP has the potential of breaking a print job if it happens at some
critical points.