Re: [K12OSN] LTSP 5 and i810 video - main issue solved

I've got mine to work too, although some of them refuse to work (compaq' here)

This are my working settings:

lts.conf

[Default]
	XRAMPERC = 100
        USE_NBD_SWAP = Y
        ALLOW_PROCREAD = Y
        X_VIDEORAM = 4096
        X_COLOR_DEPTH = 24
        X_MODE_0 = 1024x768

        # Video drivers for the terminals
        XSERVER            = auto

my swap settings in /etc/sysconfig/ltspswapd:

ARGS="-s /var/opt/ltsp/swapfiles -z 256mb"

Hanne

Op 6-okt-06, om 03:54 heeft hconnormt columbus k12 mt us het volgende geschreven:

After several days, I was able to tackle the issue again. changing to vesa helped bring the i810's back into the fold. I lost one HP that goes crazy on the video, but that's a small price to pay at this point. The systems
with ati cards do just fine.

I'm experiencing a little problem with getting the screen resolution where I want it, but I see some of that in another thread, so I'll check thatF
out. At least I've got the bulk going and unless I do something really
*stupid* I can do some tweaking to resolve the resolution thing.

Thanks so much for the advice. Hopefully, I can return the favor sometime.

Henry Connor